Whether outdoor activities are your thing or you want to sit and enjoy a good show, there are plenty of options in Reston and the surrounding area this weekend.
Here’s just a sampling of how you can have a good time this holiday weekend:
- Lake Anne Brew House (11424 Washington Plaza W.) will celebrate its one-year anniversary all day Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., with music, food, drink specials and more.
- The Herndon Municipal Center (777 Lynn St.) will host an Easter egg hunt from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday. The event will also include a coloring mural, petting zoo, photo op with the Easter Bunny and more. Registration is $9 in advance, $10 at the event.
- Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares will perform at Reston Community Center’s CenterStage (2310 Colts Neck Road) at 8 p.m. Saturday. The group’s goal is “to enrich the heritage of the Bulgarian solo folk song with harmonies and arrangements that highlighted its beautiful timbres and irregular rhythms.” Tickets are $25 for Reston residents and $35 for non-residents.
- The art exhibit “A Respite from Chaos” will remain on display at Reston Community Center’s Jo Ann Rose Gallery (1609 Washington Plaza N.) through the month of April.
- Frying Pan Farm Park will pay a visit to Reston Regional Library (11925 Bowman Towne Drive) at 2:30 p.m. Saturday. The children’s event will be an opportunity to meet with baby chickens, hear a story and make a craft to take home. (Note: The library will be closed Sunday in observance of Easter.)
- Reston Confections, a custom bakery, will have a pop-up shop at Pottery Barn (11937 Market St.) on Saturday from noon to 5 p.m.
- Other events at Reston Town Center this weekend will include live entertainment at World of Beer (1888 Explorer St.) Friday and Saturday nights; a French cooking class at Mon Ami Gabi (11950 Democracy Drive); and exercise in the pavilion Sunday.
- Tom Saputo and Friends will perform tonight from 7:30-10:30 p.m. at Café Montemarte (1625 Washington Plaza N.), and a ukelele and slack-key guitar performance by Michael Keale is slated for 6-9 p.m. Sunday.
- Vinafera Wine Bar and Bistro (11750 Sunrise Valley Drive) has live music every Friday and Saturday night in April, from 7-10 p.m.
- NextStop Theatre Company (269 Sunset Park Drive, Herndon) is performing “Boeing, Boeing,” and the show has been extended through May 7. Performances this weekend are tonight and Saturday at 8 p.m., along with a 2 p.m. matinee Sunday. Tickets are $35-$55.
- “First Blooms” by artist Dorothy Donahey remains on exhibit at Reston Art Gallery and Studios (11400 Washington Plaza W.), which is open from noon to 5 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday.
- Kalypso’s (1617 Washington Plaza N.) will have live music tonight, 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., from The Vandelays. DJ Kram will play Top 40 hits Saturday night.
Construction will begin this week on a pedestrian bridge over the Washington & Old Dominion Trail at Reston Town Center (courtesy Boston Properties) Construction on a new pedestrian bridge in…
Starbucks coffee shop in Reston Station (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Reston Station area residents and visitors will need an alternative to Starbucks to get their coffee fix this winter….
Kids with sleds cross the street to Cunningham Park Elementary School in Vienna on a snow day in January 2022 (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) A flurry of snow days…
Sunset over Fair City Mall in Fairfax City (photo by Susan Woolsey) FCPD Steps Up DUI Enforcement for Holiday Season — “During this campaign, running from December 4 to December…