Cooking With Propane Sparks Garage Fire That Brings Out 12 Units

A home on Dosinia Court was damaged by fire over the weekend.

A dozen units from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue were dispatched to the residence at 2288 Dosinia Court at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday. According to Bill Delaney, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue public information officer, the fire started in the attached garage and stayed mostly contained.

Delaney said the fire was ruled accidental, caused by a hot oil spill after cooking in the garage with a propane burner.

“This is the kind of call we normally get around Thanksgiving, when people use turkey fryers,” Delaney said. “But it’s also possible year-round.”

All of the occupants had safely left the house by the time units arrived. One person was transported to a nearby hospital with minor injuries, Delaney said. Red Cross assistance was offered to the occupants, but it was declined.

There is a sign posted on the front of the house warning that it is unsafe to enter.

Photos by Dave Emke

Recent Stories

Worldgate Athletic Club & Spa is reopening this week after roughly $4 million in renovations. The club, which is located at 13037 Worldgate Drive, has upgraded its fitness equipment and…

Reston Hospital Center is now requiring its staff to get at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, reversing course on a previous policy that did not require staff to…

Morning Notes

Reston Chamber Plans for 2022 — The Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce is offering a full slate of live events to support local business owners. President Charles Kapur reflects on…

Reston Association has acknowledged that technological mishaps resulted in tens of thousands of dollars in additional expenses. The organization described how it’s working to prevent those types of incidents following…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list