The Fairfax County Office of Community Revitalization and the Reston Urban Design Advisory Group are seeking feedback on draft guidelines for the urban design and streetscape details for new development in Reston’s Transit Station Areas.
During a community meeting on September 24 at 6 p.m. in the Reston Community Center, local officials will seek input from the public. Written comments can also be submitted to [email protected].
The design guidelines are formulated to support the implementation of the Reston Comprehensive Plan, which was last amended in 2014. They will apply to all properties located within the boundaries of Reston’s three TSAs and help applicants and designers proposing to develop in TSAs by providing specific goals. Precise standards will not be prescribed, according to a county statement.
Following the first community meeting, additional meetings will be held with the Reston Association’s Design Review Board, Reston Planning & Zoning Committee and the Reston Town Center Association in September.
The comprehensive plans aim to establish a sense of place for TSAs while respecting surrounding neighborhoods, aims to improve connectivity and foster walkability and seeks to design sustainable environments.
Draft guidelines are available online. Printed packets are also available for view in the following locations:
- Hunter Mill District Office (North County Government Center) – 1801 Cameron Glen Drive, Reston, VA 20190
- Reston Association Member Services – 12001 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston, VA 20191
- Public Art Reston – 12001 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston, VA 20191
- Reston Library – 11925 Bowman Towne Drive, Reston, VA 20190
- Herndon Municipal Offices – 777 Lynn Street, Herndon, VA 20170
- Herndon Library – 768 Center Street, Herndon, VA 20170
Map via Fairfax County Government