Six folk, bluegrass and blues bands are in the lineup for the fourth annual Lake Anne Roots Music Festival.
The festival, which features a beer and wine garden and fun for the whole family, is set for tomorrow (Saturday).
The event kicks off with the opening of taps at 11:30 am. Performances will take place through 8 p.m.
The event is sponsored by Friends of Lake Anne and Reston Community Center. It will take place at Lake Anne Plaza (1609 Washington Plaza).
Saturday (July 13)
- Fairy Festival (10-11:30 a.m.) — Explore a woodland trail with fairy house and help build a fair house from natural materials.
- Bookworms Club (11 a.m.) — Young readers can take part in the weekly club at Scrawl Books. Each week, readers explore a new theme with picture books. Members who attend ten sessions receive a free book.
- Summer STEM (10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) — Children between ages two and nine can learn how to build structure with a mix of materials at Reston Regional Library.
- Summerbration Fun Brunch (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Enjoy Motown and rock at Reston Station Plaza. The event is free and open for all ages.
- Family Fun Entertainment Series with Guava Jelly (10-10:45 a.m.) — The pair performs music infused with a “lively island feel” at Reston Town Square Park. The event is free and open for all ages.
Sunday (July 14)
- Jennifer Ryan at Scrawl Books (2 p.m.) — The author of “The Spies of Shilling Lane” will be on-site for a book signing. This is Ryan’s second novel.
- Summerbration Fun Brunch with a Stilt Walker, a Juggling and a Face Painter (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) — Enjoy a performance by a trio at Reston Station Plaza. The event is free for all ages. Parking is also free on weekends in the Metro Parking garage.
- Sunday Afternoon Dance (2:30-4:30 p.m.) — Dancers of all skills levels can dance the afternoon away at this drop-in event. Registration is $5 for Restonians and $10 for all others.
- Art in the Park with GRACE (5:30-7:30 p.m.) — Greater Reston Arts Center and the Reston Community Center welcome visitors to take part in creative art activities for all ages.
Photo via Lake Anne Plaza/Facebook
Waters from the Potomac River could spill over into Fairfax County, with the D.C. area expected to get almost nonstop rain tomorrow (Friday), the National Weather Service warns. A Coastal…
The Fairfax County Police Department is grappling with high levels of understaffing and attrition, a problem that law enforcement officials warn could intensify in the coming months. During a public…
The nonprofit Virginia Recreation and Park Society recently recognized Reston’s multimillion-dollar pool renovation of the Terry L. Smith Aquatics Center along with community leader Bill Bouie. The statewide group applauded…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 2 BD/3.5 BA brick townhome located at 11483 Heritage Commons Way.