The annual Reston Multicultural Festival is set to celebrate the community’s rich diversity tomorrow (Saturday) from 11 a.m. to6 p.m. at Lake Anne Plaza.
The festival offers a mix of song, food, dance and art at the plaza. It is hosted by Lake Anne Plaza and co-sponsored by Reston Association.
Attendees are encouraged to dress in their multicultural attire at the free festival. This year’s event includes a naturalization ceremony, three performance stages, family arts and crafts, a global cafe, and a global market.
More information about the event is available online.
- Beer Run (9:45 a.m.) — Join the Lake Anne Brew House for a weekly Saturday morning beer run around Lake Anne. The lake loop is 1.5 miles and all ages and paces are welcome.
- Reston Friends Semi-Annual Book Sale (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) — The book sale continues today and tomorrow (Sunday) at Reston Regional Library. Thousands of gently-used books will be available for purchase.
- PSV Race to Make It All Better (8:30-11:30 a.m.) — Pediatric Specialists of Virginia will host their fifth annual fundraiser and 5k in Reston Town Center to support patients and families in need. The race and health fair also includes booth with giveaways, health tips, activities and prizes.
Sunday (Sept. 29)
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s (1;30-4:30 p.m..) — The Alzheimer’s Foundation hosts its annual walk, to raise funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. The event is open for all and there is no fee to register. Participants are encouraged to fundraise to take part in the walk.
- Shear Madness (2-5:45 p.m.) — Enjoy a trip to see Shear Madness at the Kennedy Center. The trip begins with bus pick-up at Reston Association’s headquarters. Tickets are $51 for RA members and $56 for all others.
Photo via RCC