Dee Kakar, vice president at M&T Bank, will begin his term as board chairman. He replaces Maggie Parker, senior vice president of community relations at Comstock, who ended her year of leadership. Tom Madden of Visual Impact Productions will take over as chair-elect. Parker will continue in to serve on the board in her new position as secretary.
“The 2020 – 2021 year will be a challenging yet defining year for businesses and the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce,” Kakar said. “I am committed to the challenge of furthering the conversation on diversity, social injustice, and inclusion. We will invent new ways of promoting business and continue our history of being a leader in the Dulles Corridor.”
A complete breakdown of this year’s Board of Directors is below:
- Matt Clary, law offices of Matt Clary
- Kendal Coleman, CST
- Charles Kapur, GRCC
- Joe Becker, Not Your Average Joe’s
- Matt Brennan, Brennan and White
- Iris Britt, Iris Britt Consulting
- Steve Coniglio, Hidden Creek Country Club
- John Deardorff, Reston Hospital Center
- Michael Delpierre, Conversion
- Bailey Edelson, JBG Properties
- Jame Estep, John Marshall Bank
- Mike Franz, SOSi
- Leila Gordon, Reston Community Center
- Bob. Hicks, Bean Kinney & Korman
- Mike Jennings, BEI
- Andy Klaff, Newmark Knight Frank
- Alex Lane, Northwest Federal Credit Union
- Hank Lynch, Reston Association
- Jeff Makhlouf, Sheraton Reston
- Colin May, KME.digital
- Mike Misleh, Veatch Commercial
- Shane Murphy, Reed Smith LLP
- Andrew Painter, Walsh., Colluci, Lubuley & Walsh
- Chris Pharo, Leidos
- Kenyetta Price, Boston Properties
- Anne Rosenblum, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- Laura Siko, Northern Virginia Community College
- Kevin Taylor, CDB-X
- Gordon. Thrall, ,Geurnsey Office Supplies
- Monica Tressler, Sandy Spring. Bank
- Tyson Warren, Hyatt Regency Reston
- Carrie Welch, Comfort Works
- Charlene Wheeless, Charlene Wheeless, LLC
- Kerrie Wilson, Cornerstones
Charles Kapur, president and CEO of GRCC said the chamber has been “blessed with corporate citizens” who accepted nominations to serve as members of the board.
Each year, the chamber’s membership elected the chair-elect and new and re-appointed members of the Board of Directors. This year’s slate was unanimously approved by GRCC’s membership, Kapur said.
Photo via Myers Public Relations, LLC
A new CBD boutique is coming soon to Lake Anne Plaza (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) A CBD boutique is coming soon to Reston’s Lake Anne Plaza. OmBaked is expected…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Are you an inspired foodie like…
The clock is ticking for Fairfax County and the D.C. region to adopt a new transportation plan aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions. This past June, the National Capital Region…
The Reston Town Center pavilion reopened in November after undergoing renovations (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Intricate ice sculptures are coming to Reston Town Center’s outdoor skating rink at the…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.