Reston Community Players’ performance of “Gypsy” took home five honors Sunday night at the annual Washington Area Community Theatre Honors (WATCH) awards ceremony.
In addition to the awards won by “Gypsy,” the Community Players were also recognized with an award for their performance of “Mary Poppins” to bring their total number of wins for the 2016 season to six.
The full list of awards won Sunday night by Reston Community Players:
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Musical: Jennifer Lambert (as Rose) in “Gypsy”
- Outstanding Lighting Design in a Musical: Ken and Patti Crowley, “Gypsy”
- Outstanding Sound Design in a Musical: Joshua Redford, “Gypsy”
- Outstanding Costume Design in a Musical: Kathy Dunlap, “Gypsy”
- Outstanding Hair Design in a Musical: Chris Dore, “Gypsy”
- Outstanding Special Effects: Greg Steele, Sara Birkhead and Rich Bird, “Mary Poppins”
The troupe was nominated 23 times, second-most among the 27 participating theater companies.
The next production by the Reston Community Players, “Rock of Ages,” will open Friday night at CenterStage (2310 Colts Neck Road).
The bar and lounge celebrated a soft opening earlier this month (via Eve’s Garden/Facebook) The Faraday Park neighborhood has officially welcomed another tenant: Eve’s Garden Lounge and Bar. The Asian…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Prepare to be amazed! Fairfax County…
The Herndon Festival returns to the town in June (courtesy Town of Herndon) “American Idol” winner David Cook will headline this year’s Herndon Festival, set to take place from June…
Banners commemorating U.S. service members killed in past wars hang in Fairfax City’s Old Town Square for Memorial Day (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Water Mine and Other Parks…