Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurant has a late-August opening planned in the RTC West development (12130 Sunset Hills Road), and many other restaurants will follow.
The restaurant and retail space in the southwest corner of RTC West is the first phase of JBG Companies’ plans for the development. The site is bordered by Town Center Parkway to the east, the W&OD Trail to the north, and the plaza that contains Chick-fil-A, Potbelly Sandwich Works, Chipotle and more to the west.
Signage recently placed in office buildings on the property — formerly known as the Reston Executive Center — shows eight new businesses in total that are in the works to be coming. Along with Cooper’s Hawk, six other restaurants are listed:
- Punjabi by Nature, Indian cuisine. It has three current locations, in Leesburg, Vienna and Chantilly.
- The Black Squirrel, a DC-based gastropub. This would be its third location.
- Honeygrow, a Philly-based fast-casual chain serving stir-fry, salads and more.
- BGR The Burger Joint, which was first announced in January.
- Mezza Mediterranean Grille and Nando’s Peri-Peri, which were both announced last spring.
When asked for further details about the potential new businesses, a JBG spokesperson told Reston Now that the company is “working on a variety of leases and will hope to announce in the coming weeks.” We will provide more information about the new businesses when it is provided to us.
JBG announced late last year that it has further plans for the property, including two multifamily residential buildings and three more office buildings.