(Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of all the events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar.)
- This weekend, the “Summerbration” series rolls on at Reston Station. Tonight from 7-9 p.m., Scott Kurt & Memphis 59 will perform. Saturday night from 8:30-10:30 p.m., there will be a free screening of the 2017 live-action film “Beauty and the Beast.” The Summerbration events outside the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station will continue through the end of the month. (Note: To receive free parking for these events, parking tickets need to be validated by personnel on the plaza. Find the sign that reads “Parking Validation Here.”)
- Saturday night, Reston Town Center will continue its summer concert series with a show from Grammy Award-winning Terrance Simien and the Zydeco Experience from 7:30-10 p.m. at the pavilion (11900 Market St.). Parking at RTC is free on the weekends.
- The Reston Farmers Market will take place from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Lake Anne Village Center.
- Lake Anne is also hosting Sunday Yoga on the Plaza each week, at 9:30 a.m.
- This is the last weekend for Reston Community Center’s August exhibit, “The Heart of Art.” It is on display at the Jo Ann Rose Gallery (1609 Washington Plaza N.).
- “Radcliffe Bailey: The Great Dismal Swamp” closes tonight at Greater Reston Arts Center (12001 Market St.).
- Interested in stand-up paddleboarding? Surf Reston is offering sessions this weekend on Lake Anne. Advance registration is required.
- The Friends of Reston Regional Library back-to-school book sale is taking place at the library (11925 Bowman Towne Drive) through the weekend. Hours are until 5 p.m. today, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, and 1-3:30 p.m. Sunday. All proceeds benefit the library and its programming.
- Many restaurants and bars in Reston will have live music this weekend. These include: Vinifera Wine Bar and Bistro (11750 Sunrise Valley Drive) from 7-10 p.m every Friday and Saturday night; Crafthouse (1888 Explorer St.) every Friday and Saturday night from 10 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.; and Tavern64 (1800 Presidents St.) every Friday from 6-10 p.m.
- Kalypso’s Sports Tavern (1617 Washington Plaza N.) will have live music from The Vandelays tonight from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; Saturday night, DJ Kram will play Top 40 hits.
- “A Grand Night for Singing” closes this weekend at NextStop Theatre Company (269 Sunset Park Drive, Herndon). Shows are tonight and Saturday at 8 p.m.; with a 2 p.m. matinee Sunday. Tickets range from $17.50 to $55.
- Walker Nature Center (11450 Glade Drive) will be having a photo scavenger hunt event from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday. Cost for the all-ages event is $6 for Reston Association members and $8 for non-members.
Photo via Reston Station on Facebook
Volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocates get sworn in by the Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court (courtesy Fairfax CASA) Fairfax County’s child welfare system has seen abuse and…
More than 150 women are set to take part in the women-only event (courtesy Jen Dryzga) Another race is in the mix of Reston’s racing options: the Women’s Training Festival…
An LGBTQ Pride flag flutters near Kendra Scott at the Mosaic District (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Reported Boom Came From Military Planes — “Fighter jets caused a sonic boom…
A girl holds a book at last year’s reopening of the Lorton Library, one of two hosts of the inaugural Children’s Summer Reading Festival (courtesy Fairfax County Public Library) Fairfax…