Before we head off into the weekend, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories on Reston Now in recent days.
The following articles were the five most-clicked links on Reston Now this past week.
- Report: Wegmans Close to Agreement for Store Near Future Town Center Metro Station
- Reston Men, 21 and 19, Charged with Stealing from Vehicles in Ashburn
- Former Burger King Razed at North Point; Chick-fil-A Hopes for March Opening
- Reston Association Board Moves Forward with Ending Afterschool Programming at Lake House
- Crime: A Look at the September Incident Reports from FCPD’s Restion District Station
Also this week, the fourth community meeting on Fairfax County’s proposed zoning ordinance amendment for Reston’s Planned Residential Community (PRC) District was rescheduled for Oct. 23 in the cafeteria at South Lakes High School. An aspect of the story that’s on many people’s mind: the occupancy limit for the cafeteria is 668, but can be increased to 1,280 if its dozens of tables are rolled out.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans or anything else that’s happening locally. Have a great weekend!
File image courtesy John Menick
Fairfax County set height limits for flag poles, among other changes, with its zoning ordinance modernization in 2021 (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) A day after neighboring Arlington County made…
The Fairfax County Courthouse (staff photo by Jay Westcott) In response to calls for additional legal assistance, Fairfax County is poised to establish a self-help resource center in the library…
Police line up on Route 7 during an armed robbery pursuit (via @notaveryh/Twitter) Police took two people into custody yesterday (Thursday) after a reported armed robbery in Great Falls turned…
A Fairfax County police car (file photo) Police have identified the couple that was found dead in Reston Tuesday (March 21) afternoon in what they say was a murder-suicide. According…