20. The rebranding of World of Beer brought in 7,498 page views. Signage was removed from Reston Town Center restaurant, ushering in a new full menu of American craft fare and drinks.
19. Paid parking at Reston Town Center continued to garner attention and fervor. A story about Jackson’s Mighty Fine Food and Lucky Lounge being granted a preliminary injunction against the ParkRTC system was a popular post with 7,433 page views.
18. An investigation about an attempted sexual assault near Tall Oaks also drew attention. Police said a man came out of the woods, approved a 22-year-old woman and attempted to remove her clothes. The article had 7,423 page views.
17. Wegmans’ announcement that it has signed a letter of intent to put an urban-format store near the future Reston Town Center Metro station gained 7,289 views. According to the Washington Business Journal, the store will be built in the future Reston Crescent development, a 36-acre plot of land in the northwest corner of the intersection of Reston Parkway and Sunrise Valley Drive.
16. Continuing the theme of things coming and going in the area, the closure of the Kmart on Elden Street in Herndon was a popular post with 7,214 page views. The 84,000-square foot store was purchased in August by Florida-based real estate-investment firm Sterling Organization at a cost of $7 million.
Look out for the #11-15 on the countdown tomorrow.
The Barton Hill Recreation Area in Reston is slated for upgrades (via Google Maps) Upgraded lighting is no longer a component of upgrades to the Barton Hill tennis courts in…
Fairfax County Public Schools Fairfax County Public Schools could require parental notifications for class materials deemed sexually explicit, but in a deviation from the state, the proposed policy directly addresses…
A public art piece inspired by the connectivity and energy of atoms has been erected in Reston Town Center’s Hyatt Park. Called “Vidustria,” the installation is drawn from the word…
A man walks by trash bins next to the curb (via Trinity Nguyen on Unsplash) (Updated at 1:25 p.m.) The service and staffing challenges plaguing trash collectors throughout Fairfax County…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.