The votes are in.
Reston’s slot put it ahead of the Scottish Christmas Walk Parade in Alexandria, Va. and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York.
Last year, the parade in Reston ranked sixth place. In 2016, it came in fourth overall.
Top honors went to America’s Thanksgiving Parade in Detroit. The city has been hosting the parade since 1924, according to USA Today.
The complete rankings are as follows:
- America’s Thanksgiving Parade – Detroit
- Sparks Hometowne Christmas — Sparks, Nev.
- Fantasy of Lights Christmas Parade — Gatlinburg, Tenn.
- Ford Holiday River Parade — San Antonio
- Reston Holiday Parade — Reston, Va.
- Scottish Christmas Walk Parade — Alexandria, Va.
- Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade — Newport Beach, Calif.
- Mayor’s Annual Christmas Parade — Baltimore
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade — New York
- San Diego Bay Parade of Lights — San Diego
USA Today said a panel of experts whittled down a long list of nationwide events to come up with the initial top 20, which were put up to readers’ votes to determine the top 10 holiday parades in the country.
Photo via Lesnick Photo
(Updated at 4:15 p.m.) A redevelopment proposal for nearly 9-acre parcel of land near Lake Fairfax Park is headed for a vote before the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors this…
Electric buses have at last joined Northern Virginia’s largest local bus fleet. Fairfax Connector launched the eight battery-powered vehicles out of its West Ox Operations and Maintenance Center (4970 Alliance…
Reston Association (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Reston Association’s Board of Directors has a new vacancy. Mike Collins — who represents apartment owners within RA’s membership — resigned Friday (Sept….
A belated Mosaic Fall Festival, postponed by rain, takes over Strawberry Park on Saturday, Sept. 30 (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Metro Still Recovering From Derailment Near National Airport — “Most…