Another developer has plans for residential units near the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station.
The Washington Business Journal reports that a subsidiary of TF Cornerstone is looking to build several residential buildings on 11.6 acres at 1900 and 1902 Campus Commons Drive. That’s just east of the intersection of Wiehle Avenue and Sunrise Valley Drive, south of the Dulles Toll Road and about a quarter-mile from the station.
According to the WBJ report, the developer looks to add:
- two high-rise residential buildings between 20 and 28 stories
- a seven-story multifamily building
- either 26 townhouses or a six-story residential building with 8,000 square feet of retail
In total, this could add nearly 1,100 residential units to the property.
The property is already the home of two six-story office buildings, which would remain. A rezoning application to convert the property to mixed use has been submitted to Fairfax County.
This is just another in an ever-growing list of residential projects proposed in the portion of the Transit Station Area east of Wiehle Avenue. Others include:
- The JBG/1831 Wiehle project, which would bring 1,300 to 1,500 new residences on six parcels between Wiehle Avenue and Michael Faraday Drive
- 175 multifamily units and 13 townhouses at 11111 Sunset Hills Road, just east of Michael Faraday Drive and adjacent to the JBG/1831 Wiehle project
- a seven-story, 261-apartment building at 1808 Michael Faraday Court
- The Lofts at Reston Station, 44 residences at 1825 Michael Faraday Drive (approved by Fairfax County in October)
Numerous additional projects are also in the works on the west side of Wiehle Avenue and down the Sunrise Valley Drive corridor. In 2014, Fairfax County reworked Reston’s land-use plan to encourage such development in the area of the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station, as well as the future Reston Town Center and Herndon stations.
“In the future, the three station areas could become home to a total of 30 million square feet in offices and 28,000 housing units,” the county said in its announcement of the plan’s revision.
The weekend is almost here. Before you crank up the air-conditioning, or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County. Here are…
The proposed redevelopment of an aging Residence Inn in the Town of Herndon is barreling toward a final approval before the Herndon Town Council this month. The property owner, identified…
Clyde’s of Reston, an American bar and restaurant, will permanently close its doors tomorrow, ending 31 years of business in Reston Town Center. But even as it auctions off iconic…
A Japanese maple tree on Church Street in Vienna (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Heat Raises Risk for Outdoor Activities — “The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a special weather statement…