Local residents can provide feedback on proposed projects at a public meeting on Thursday, Oct. 12 from 7-9 p.m. at the North County Governmental Center (1801 Cameron Glen Drive). The meeting will include a formal presentation about unfunded projects and a question-and-answer session.
Residents can also take an online survey by Nov. 9 to indicate preferred projects, or mail a printed copy of the survey to the Fairfax County Department of Transportation (4050 Legato Road, Suite 400, Fairfax, VA 22033).
Feedback will allow the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and the Fairfax County Department of Transportation to prioritize unfunded transportation projects in line for funding through fiscal year 2023, according to the county’s website.
Unfunded projects in Reston include those listed below:
- Installation of roundabout at the intersection of Sunset Hills and Hunter Mill Road ($73.1 million)
- The extension and addition of the grid of streets in the Reston Transit Station area ($500,000)
- Construction of turn lanes and installation of a traffic signal in the area of Fox Mill Road and Pinecrest Road. ($1.7 million)
- Extension of southbound left turn lane on Reston Parkway at Temporary Road ($280,000)
- Addition of left turn lane and traffic signal on Lawyers Road at Twin Branches Road ($1.7 million)
- Construction of a bike and pedestrian trail on Baron Cameron Drive from Cameron Heath Drive to Gatesmeadow Way. ($1.5 million)
- Addition of walkway on Center Harbor Road from Heritage Oak Way to North Village ($1.4 million)
- Addition of bike lanes or trail on Lawyers Road from existing bike lanes to Twin Branches Road ($5 million)
- Addition of bike lanes or trail on Lawyers Road from Twin Branches Road to Hunter Mill Road ($7.5 million)
- Expansion of Reston Capital Bikeshare ($500,000)
- Construction of sidewalk on Ridge Heights Road from Lakewinds Drive to South Lakes Drive ($600,000)
- Construction of walkway on the south side of South Lakes Drive from Pine Cone Court to Tanbark Drive. ($1.5 million)
- Installation of bike lanes on South Lakes Drive from Reston Parkway to Sunrise Valley Drive ($5 million)
- Addition of walkway on the east side of South Lakes Drive from Thoreau Place to Sunrise Valley Drive ($550,000)
- Addition of shared use pathway or bike lanes on Wiehle Avenue from Baron Cameron Avenue to Reston Station Boulevard ($12 million)
Other projects of local interest include:
- Construct sidewalk on north side of Fox Mill Road (Herndon) from Monroe Street to Greg Roy Lane ($600,000)
- Roadway widening from West Ox Road to Fairfax County Parkway (To be determined)
- Addition of pedestrian refuge islands on Beulah Road from the entrance of Wolf Trap Elementary School to Talisman Drive (To be determined)
Countywide projects include:
- Improvements on two existing bus routes in the Herndon and Centreville Road areas ($1.3 million)
- Addition of five new recommended bus routes that provide north-south and east-west connections ($55.6 million)
- Expansion of the Tysons Capital Bikeshare ($500,000)
- Completion of identified bike roadway spots. ($1.1 million)
All project costs are based on estimates.
For more information, call 703-877-5600 or email [email protected].